Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ciao a tutti



I think I'm going to participate in the Photo 365 thing. I will make an effort to upload one photo for each day in to the photo365_2009 album I just made.

I'm pretty geeked that I get to learn more about "real" photography with my early birthday present: the Lumix LX3.

I'm going to take a class pretty soon and learn more about all of the manual controls. So this whole Photo 365 project seems like a nice way to track my progress as I learn more. I'm sure I'll look back at the beginning and spot some wackiness, but maybe also some lucky bright spots :)

So for the moment, I plan to upload a photo every day, but it might not have necessarily been taken that day. I guess that's not how everyone is playing the game, but it is more convenient for me.

I don't know that I'll actually post an entry about the photo every day. I think I'm supposed to, along with a blurb or a story. It seems like I might fall behind if I tried to do that every day. I don't know....

Anyway, today's photo is from a ski school up in the mountains nearby. Piancavallo means "horse mountain" or "horse peak." We drove up to see the skiing and to drink Italian hot chocolate. Their hot chocolate is very thick and delicious!

A group of our friends is organizing a snowboarding lesson, and I think I'm going to try that out. It's been a few years since I have fallen down in the snow repeatedly :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you're gonna make me want to be in Italy every time I see you photos!

    ReplyDelete