Monday, January 12, 2009

the "bauhaus bar"



I got the idea to post this today after telling a friend about the place last night. I figure a picture is more fun that just a description.

So it's kind of hilarious that the very first bar I go to after moving to Italy is the one with a giant Bauhaus logo painted on the outside of it, right? You can't see it in the photo, but there is a II IIII II worked in to the painting as well, for Front 242. It's like I was just drawn to it somehow...?

The bar is owned by a super sweet and charming young Italian woman. She hosted a small dark industrial night there when I first arrived. Not too many Americans venture out to her place. It's super cozy and laid back.

Also, she has a cat that looks exactly like my cat, and that is rad. (I miss my cat. She never calls!!)

1 comment: